Five Minute React
Learn React, Redux, Webpack and More with Fun, Easy, Bite-sized Lessons
Let's Face It … Most React Tutorials Suck
Don’t you hate it when a React Instructor:
- Jumps straight to the flashy stuff without covering critical basic concepts?
- Teaches you how to build a trivial app that’s useless in the real world?
- Only focuses on the front-end?
- Leaves out the nitty gritty details required to build a production-quality app?
Five Minute React is different.
Have you ever wanted to build a complete single-page web app from scratch? In Five Minute React that's exactly what you'll do. Sound hard? It's not! In short, simple steps you'll learn through straightforward examples exactly how to build a fully-operational web application that includes user registration and authentication.
On the React side, you'll start with basic sample components and become comfortable with props, container components, lifecycle methods, and 3rd-party modules. You'll also get a thorough grounding in managing application state with Redux actions and reducers.
On the back-end, you'll build an entire API to power your React application, using Express and MongoDB. Not familiar with those tools? Grab the full-stack package and we’ll cover absolutely everything, including all of the installation and setup of everything you’ll need before diving in.
Every single lesson comes with full video and full text. Nothing is skipped; you'll get every line of code you'll need, with thorough explanations of what that code is doing. We’ll give you the tools and knowledge you need to develop any web app your heart desires.
And if you don't think the course was worth your money, it comes with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Here's a sampling of what you'll work with:
“In the space of Full-Stack MERRN (I added the second R for Redux)—a single course that stitches everything together—there is no course online or off that comes anywhere close to what you have been able to provide … as a new programmer who has taken online courses in all of these areas, Five Minute React was invaluable. Everything about it is great. Gregg Squire
“CloseBrace really helped me in shifting my career from being a BioInformatician to a Web Developer. With his clear and instructive tutorials I was able to launch my first React site in two months’ time. Without CloseBrace, I wouldn't have managed.” Sjors van Heuveln
“Your 5 Minute ReactJS course is, in my opinion, the best React course out there.” Nick Wood
“Great tutorial, thanks! Very clear and simple instructions. You definitely deserve more subscribers.” Timo Ernst
“Thank you for the tutorial series and all the useful stuff you are providing. It helped me get confident with React and understand many basics.” Samos
About The Author
I’m Christopher Buecheler, a self-taught web developer with over 20 years of professional experience. I’ve worked as a developer for a variety of internet companies. I founded CloseBrace because I love the tech I work with and wanted to share what I’ve learned with other developers. I believe anyone can learn Node, Express, React, or anything else they’d like, and I want to help you do it!
What Are the Prerequisites?
That’s about it. If you’ve taken a front-end bootcamp, you’re probably ready for this course!
What Do I Get?
84 bite-sized lessons, roughly nine hours of video, a complete git repo, and a thorough grounding in everything you need to build a real-world, production quality React application . Here are some things you’ll do during this course:
- Become familiar with React components, including using props, container components, and component state.
- Learn the difference between class-based and pure function components and when to use each.
- Become familiar with Redux, the industry standard for app state management, including detailed explanations of actions, action creators, reducers, and the Store.
- Build an internal API for data handling and connect your React app to it.
- Work with an external API service.
- Build an entire front-end application that includes error handling, validation, and front-end routing.
- Set up a server and deploy your app live on the internet.
- Set up everything you’ll need. Text editor, database, web server, transpiler, bundler, etc.
- Learn about linting with ESLint, testing with Jest, and version control with Git
- Work with one of the most popular authentication packages for Express to allow users to register, log in, and log out.
- Get an introduction to how Webpack works and use it to bundle your React app, Bootstrap, and custom CSS.
Full Course Listing
Your Purchase Options
Option 1 - React-Only Package -
If you’re a developer who’s already comfortable getting your text editor, Yarn, Express, MongoDB, Jest, ESLint, Babel, Webpack, etc. set up on your own, and doesn’t need an introduction to Express, this package will get you started coding right away. You’ll get:
- A quick, text-based overview of the first 24 lessons
- All necessary files from those lessons
- The remaining lessons (25 - 84)
- Access to ALL Source Code
Option 2 - Full-Stack Package -
Not as experienced with Express, Node, or MongoDB? Not sure how to get everything up and running on your machine? Just want to make sure you have absolutely all of the instruction, whether you need it or not? This is the package for you. You’ll get:
- ALL 84 lessons
- Access to ALL Source Code
- Download Videos to Your Local Machine
- Lifetime access to my Slack support channel
35% off for a limited time!
Not sure yet? How about seven lessons for free? Sign up now and you'll get the following lessons delivered to your inbox, one per day:
- Our First React Components
- Using Props In React
- React Routing
- A Basic Intro to Redux
- Using MongoDB
- Data Modeling with Mongoose
- Testing With Jest
Sound good? You know what to do!
Help! I lost my email
Drop me a line and we’ll get you sorted out.
What Version of React does this cover?
The course was written for React 16.1
Why are you still using Redux instead of the new Context API?
Once the Context API solidifies, I’ll be releasing an inexpensive expansion pack showing how to convert from Redux to Context. For now, Redux is what’s being used out there in the real world, so that’s what I’m teaching.
What if I don't use Sublime Text?
You'll be fine in Atom, VS Code, or the text editor of your choice. Nothing in this tutorial requires Sublime, but I can't provide any info on syntax highlighting, code formatting, or linting in other editors.
How do I view the videos?
If you bought the React-only version, you’ll be emailed a link to a course listing that contains links to all of your lessons.
If you buy the full version, you'll get a full course listing too, but you can also download all the videos as sweet, sweet, 1080p resolution MP4 files. The total size of the course is approximately 11.5 GB.
Do you offer support?
Yes and no. I do hang out in the Slack and will help you get unstuck, but I don’t debug code.
How Long is the Money-Back Guarantee Good For?
Thirty days from date of purchase. If during that time you're not fully satisfied with your purchase, I'll refund 100%.
Do you offer volume discounts for businesses looking to train multiple developers?
I do indeed. Contact me for more information.
I’m a broke student. Can I get a discount?
Yep! Just get in touch and I’ll send you the details.