Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Specifically, personal data is collected for the following reasons:
- To create a discrete account per user that can be used to contact CloseBrace, LLC, and will be tied to course ownership in future upgrades
- To allow the user to personalize that account if they so choose
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- A user may contact CloseBrace, LLC at any time to request the complete removal of their data from our servers, or may do so themselves through the delete account button on the account page. This removes all user data from CloseBrace, LLC's database servers.
Types of Data stored
Below is a complete list of data stored on CloseBrace, LLC's servers that qualifies as identifiable user data:
- First and Last Names
- Email Address
- User Image / Avatar (optional)
- Location (optional)
- Website (optional)
- Twitter Username (optional)
- User Email Confirmation Hash
- Date Joined
Data Sharing and Sale
CloseBrace, LLC does not, and has no plans to, share or sell stored user data with any other 3rd party, including websites or other business entitites.
CloseBrace, LLC maintains server backups in case of catastrophic server failure. These backups are made weekly and stored for one month, then deleted. So far, they've never been used. If you believe your account has been restored in error, please Contact CloseBrace, LLC immediately and we'll resolve the issue.
A Note on Credit Cards
CloseBrace, LLC does not store credit card data on its servers. In fact, the CloseBrace website never transmits credit card data over an HTTP connection (including HTTPS). Instead, credit card information is tokenized—converted to an encrypted hash—on the client side before being transferred to our payment processor, Stripe. Only this token is stored, both by Stripe and by CloseBrace, LLC, and in neither case can it be reverse-engineered.
This means that even if your account is maliciously compromised, no credit card data of any sort would be available to the the aggressor.